Whether or not you elect to have buyer representation, this commission has already been determined contractually and is still due to the seller’s agent.
This means that you should always opt to have your own representation during the home-buying process, because it doesn’t cost you anything and will protect you from making costly mistakes.
The seller’s agent will always have their client’s best interest at heart—which means you need an experienced and knowledgeable Realtor fighting for your best interests. Plus, buying or selling a home usually requires dozens of forms, reports, disclosures and other technical documents. Realtors have the expertise to help you prepare a killer deal—while avoiding delays or costly mistakes that can seriously mess you up.
There is no disadvantage to a choosing a buyer’s representative.
What does a Buyer’s Agent do?
- They are an adviser and advocate for you during the entire home buying process.
- A buyer’s agent will educate you on current market conditions.
- Research homes in the area and sort through active listings to make suggestions after cross-referencing your needs (i.e. Which homes are located in areas that have retained home values? Which homes are located inside good school districts? Lower taxed areas? Easy work commutes? etc.).
- Handle the ins and outs of the negotiation process including the preparation of all necessary forms when making an offer and/or counteroffer.
- Provide oversight and follow up for any inspections deemed necessary.
- Counsel buyers on how to handle any repairs needed on the property.
- Be present at closing to ensure that all the buyer’s interests are protected.
The Hunt Team makes the commitment to bring all of these skills “to the table” on your behalf when you are our client.
Why should you choose Hunt Team to represent you?
- To have a professional representing your best interests.
- To receive thorough advice, keeping you educated and informed during the transaction.
- To work through strategies on pricing a home, writing offers, negotiation, repairs and other contingencies.
- To sell your home for the most amount in the shortest time OR to purchase a home for the best price with the least amount of hassle possible